Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beef Tajine

http://www.recipezaar.com/Fragrant-Moroccan-Beef-Date-Honey-and-Prune-Tagine-Crock-Pot-191946



This was my guide for making a Beef Tajine at home, as with most recipes I did not follow it to the letter. The first time I made it I didn't have prunes so I used currants instead. Also the recipes calls for a pint of stock, which proved to make the Tajine too watery, so this time I only used about a cup of hot water to dissolve the bullion. When I browned the beef, I did so with olive oil and 3 cloves are garlic diced. "Fresh coriander" is really cilantro; actually coriander and cilantro are the same plant. This is helpful because you can find cilantro in the grocery store but not "fresh coriander". I only used a sprinkling of chopped dates and I skipped the honey. I used plain, unroasted almonds and I added some olives. I only used carrots 3-4 carrots and I added 3 small red russet potatoes. I served with with a baguette; cous-cous is a different dish than Tajine and in Morocco, they are generally not served together.

No comments: